Science and Engineering Week
March 11, 2019 March 15, 2019
Science & Engineering Week – 11th – 15th March
Olton Science Fair – 13.3.19
– Science Projects Display in the Hall – (Wednesday 2.30pm-2.55pm) showcasing the many research projects. Projects should be brought into school on Monday 11th and taken to pupils’ classrooms.
Science Gadget Shop (11th – 14th March)
Monday 11th – Thursday 14th – (12:30pm-12:50pm & 3:10pm-3:30pm)
Science & Engineering Week Projects – 11th – 15th March
KS2 children are invited to create a project about any aspect of science that captures their imagination!
KS1 – Monday 11th – Science posters due back to school to be shared in class and prizes awarded.
All projects should have:
1. A TITLE or a QUESTION to investigate.
2. A HYPOTHESIS (What do you think the answer to the question is and why?)
3. A METHOD for any experiment or if you are investigating something, where you got your information from.
4. RESULTS or DATA – this might be measurements or it could be observations presented in a table or a graph.
5. A CONCULSION (What have you found out as a result of your project and if this was different to your HYPOTHESIS)
Children can present their projects in a creative way and we have shown examples on cardboard to make a stand. All children who enter will receive 20 dojos, a certificate and the most interesting project from each year group will win a fantastic science prize!
Good luck and have fun experimenting! Projects due in Monday 11th March.