What is the PE and Sports Grant?
The Education Funding Agency is providing additional funding to each school for academic years 2013 to 2014 and 2014 to 2015 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – will be allocated to primary school headteachers. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
For the 2017 to 2018 academic year, there is a new condition requiring schools to publish how many pupils within their year 6 cohort are meeting the national curriculum requirement to swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres, use a range of strokes effectively and perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations. This condition has been added in response to recommendations from the Swim Group, who reviewed curriculum swimming and water safety in primary schools.
- UK Government website – PE and sport premium for primary schools.
From 1st September 2018 there is now a joint Sports Premium budget from the amalgamated school – Olton Primary.
- 2019-2020 Evidencing-the-Impact-of-Primary-PE-and-Sport-Premium
- 2018-2019 Evidencing-the-Impact-of-Primary-PE-and-Sport-Premium
- Olton Primary Sport Premium Spend 2018-2019
These documents are for the period up to 31.8.18 when the schools were not amalgamated.
- Daylesford Infant School Sports Funding 2017-2018
- Chapel Fields Junior School Sports Funding 2017-2018
(Please note: Swimming Attainment for 2019-2020 will be available at the end of July 2020)
- Olton Primary School Swimming Attainment 2018-2019
- Chapel Fields Junior School Swimming Attainment 2017-2018